Worth County Historical Society

 

 

 

office (641) 324-1180

Machinery Museum  << back to WCHS <<

On the north bank of the Shell Rock River across the street from the Old Creamery is the red Machinery Museum. It was built in 1989 on the former site of the Charles Wordall Saw Mill, and A.J. Dwelle Grist Mill and the old Ice House.

It houses hundreds of pieces of machinery and equipment used in the area by our forefathers to farm our rich, fertile Worth County soil. Some pieces on display include: a horse mower, threshing machine, 1886 racing sulky, high wheel wagon with 36-inch box, Hoosier shovel seeder, walking plow, gang plow, oats binder, corn binder and many more pieces to bring back memories of the people who farmed long ago. The younger generation will be amazed at the contrast between then and now.

Open: By Appointment. Call 641 324-1180 and leave message.

Location: at the west end of Central Ave (Hwy. 105) at 4th St. (across from the Creamery Museum).