Worth County Historical Society

 

 

 

office (641) 324-1180

The Old Creamery Museum  << back to WCHS sites <<

The building was built about 1892 as a creamery, which was in operation until the 1950s.

The Worth County Historical Society bought the building in 1981. The Creamery contains antiques, including rug loom, churn, scythe used to harvest the first grain in the county, maymaking equipment, forge tools, several saws, cream separators, swill cart, wire-fence stretcher, one-horse cutter, chain pump, wooden harrow and harrow cart, and other implements.

 
A recent addition is a working print shop donated by The Northwood Anchor.
Open:  Sundays, 2 to 4 p.m. first Sunday in June through the last Sunday in August.
   Exceptions:
      June 16th  Closed for County Fair
   
Location: at the west end of Central Ave (Hwy. 105) at 4th St.